Spring Pea Salad
Serves 6-8 People
Sweet Green Peas, fresh from the garden or the farmer’s market, are so delicious that you don’t need to hide their bright color or delicate flavor underneath heavy dressings or a lot of butter. In this recipe, the peas as enhanced by a dressing made with pureed peas, mint, and the citrusy smell and taste of lemon to welcome the spring. – Chef Chris
- 2 1/2 cups shelled fresh green peas
- 1 Small Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Small leak ( White part only)
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh mint leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Pour the peas into the water and cook for no more than two minutes. Drain and immediately plunge the peas into a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry with a towel. Puree w/e cup of the peas in a blender.
2. Place the peas, pea puree, shallot, and leek in a medium glass or stainless steel bowl and toss gently to combine.
3. Add the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, and mint. Season with salt and pepper and tops gently until the vegetables are coated. Serve immediately.